Corona's got a hold - but what CAN we do?
Updated: Mar 20, 2020
For the first time I can remember, the whole world is locking down in reaction to a new threat - the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19. The world is coming to a halt now with major sporting events too being called off. In the interest of public health, of course this is the best thing to do.
It's a double headache for athletes as now they don't have competitions to aim for in the foreseeable future, and there's a lot of uncertainty right now. But, it's no use talking too much about things that are not in our control. Let's accept the situation and focus on taking positive actions in this period.
SO...WHAT CAN WE DO?
Your mindset can be based on these four things
1) Keep things in perspective, the world isn't over yet
2) Take precautions against the virus, stay healthy & active, eat well, and keep distance
3) Stay in touch with loved ones 4) Not slacking off because there is a "break" coming
Your behaviours can be based on the following to make the most of your time.
Remember, "time off" from competitions and training means "time on" for other things
• Thorough reflection over the most recent period and think about what worked and why
• Thorough reflection over the most recent period and think about what didn't work and why
• Re-evaluate your goals and plan what you are going to do differently to reach your potential • Build up your personality and patience so you come back as a BETTER person
Adversity is not nice. But adversity, is the window of opportunity for us to grow. Strong people never have easy lives = but they do take advantage these troubling situations to build their character and make sure they come out better.
This is your chance to do something for you.
Take care and stay safe!